Monday, May 4, 2009

Begining of a new chapter

A lot has happened since I last wrote. I moved back to Georgia, moved into my own apartment, moved back in with my mom, started an animal rescue, adopted Sitka from myself, moved to Alaska, became Animal Control Officer, moved in with Kate, went back to Georgia to visit, attended Euthanasia training, moved in with Christa and Mark. Whew! It's been awhile but I'm hoping to keep this thing going as a kind of online journal.

Right now it's almost summer here in Haines Alaska and when you walk outside a breeze that smells like the sea greets you. The weather is warm, the sun is shinning and everyone is coming out from wherever they held up over winter. My friend Lori and I went Kayaking 4 days in a row and had a blast! Tonight we went for a walk and found a great walking trail extremely close to my house!! I'm very happy and excited :)

During the winter I had thoughts of moving back to Georgia but as summer comes I'm not sure I could ever leave this place. Is 4 amazing months of warm weather enough for a person to stay in one place forever? Don't get me wrong winter is awesome! Tons of snow means sledding, skiing, snow shoeing and snow ball fights! Who couldn't love that? But with the coming of my sisters little baby (she is 8 weeks along, due in December!) I can't help but wonder if moving back to Georgia is the right thing? I feel like it's a choice between staying in a place and living a life I love or going back to a place I'm mildly happy and being near the people I love. I don't want to be Aunt Ashley, a person this baby only knows from pictures and crazy stories told by her mom but I'm also not sure that moving back is the right choice for me....

Well I will worry about that later. I have another year to decide at least. I feel like there will be a sign telling me what is the right choice. Either way it will all work out in the end.

No comments: